Annapurna Base Camp trek is arguably the world's one of the most popular trails, nowhere else do you get such varied scenes and sceneries, unparallel natural wonders, wonderful majestic mountains, offer you intensely scenic beauties, and so forth. It is not merely the great trails but the trip takes you to the lap of the world's tenth highest mountains and offers you an intensely scenic mountain vista. Annapurna Base Camp trek also popularly known as Annapurna Sanctuary trekking is one of the short treks and nowhere else do you get such varied feast scenes and sceneries. It is blessed with unparallel natural wonders including that of majestic Himalayas, hill culture, incredible landscapes, all these make this trekking the most special and rewarding. It is one of the frequently organized treks by Footprint Adventure.
The trail takes you to the heart of the Annapurna range, traversing hills and valleys, also passing through numerous beautiful villages settled down by various ethnic groups namely Gurung, Thakali, Magar, Manangi, and so forth, and therefore, you will be able to explore their unique lifestyles, rituals, and enjoy with local dishes and delicacies. You will equally pass through the terraced farm field, the forest full of flora and fauna, varied range of wild vegetations, herbs, including flower, if you are lucky enough you will be able to spot the wild animals as well. You will equally pass alongside glacier rivers, glaciers, rocky and sloppy boulders, all these make Annapurna Base Camp trekking worth remembering.
The ultimate goal of this trip is to reach the lap of the world's tenth highest mountains and capture the sceneries of gorgeous mountains located in the area, besides, you will also traverse through the deepest gorge Kali Gandaki, flowing between Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m) and Mt. Annapurna I (8,091 m), and have astonishing views from the Ghorepani Poonhill, one of the best viewpoints for mountain vista located in the Annapurna Region.
During the trip, you will have astounding views of dozens of majestic mountains namely Mt. Annapurna I the world's tenth highest mountain, including varied adjoining mountains such as Mt. Annapurna II, Mt. Annapurna III, Mt. Annapurna IV, Mt. Annapurna South, Mt. Gangapurna, Hiunchuli, Mt. Dhaulagiri I, Mt. Dhaulagiri II, Nilgiri, Mt. Fishtail is known as Machhapuchre, Lamjung Himal and so forth. You enjoy having panoramic views of the range of mountains stretching from Mt. Annapurna all the way that naked eyes can catch. This perhaps will be your lifetime experience. The best seasons to have Annapurna Base Camp are Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to December).
Annapurna Base Camp trek begins with one day drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara, the picturesque valley and the starting point of trekking. The next day, you will have a short drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and then begin actual trekking alongside the terraced farm field you continue trekking passing Tikhedhunga you will reach Ghorepani. At Ghorepani, you will have a rest and have a short hike up to Poon Hill, the best hill station for having sunrise and sunset views with the backdrop of majestic mountains, from where you will have amazing mountain vistas located to the Annapurna Region. Passing through Ghorepani, the beautiful settlement of the Gurung ethnic community, you will continue trekking to Tadapani, Chhomrong, Sinuwa, and Deurali and finally, you will reach Annapurna Base Camp 4,130 m and explore around, take snaps and finally retrace down to Dovan traversing through rhododendron forest, subsequently get down to Chhomrong, Syauli and finally get back to Pokhara, via Nayapul and then drive/fly back to Kathmandu.
Annapurna Region offers varieties of popular trekking such as Poonhill Ghorepani Trek, Mardi Himal Trek, Annapurna Circuit Trek, and many more. Also, please go through our complete guidebook Annapurna Base Camp Trek guide for detailed information about this trekking.
Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- UNESCO World Heritage Site excursions in Kathmandu such as Pashupatinath Temple, Swyambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Temple, and Patan Durbar Square.
- Scenic and beautiful drive to Pokhara city.
- Explore around the Lake City of Pokhara with Mesmerizing Mountain Vista of Machhapuchre (6,993m), Annapurna South (7,219m), Himchuli (6,441m), and many more snowy mountains.
- The endless Steps up from Tikhedhunga to Ulleri are almost 3200 steeps.
- Glorious sunrise views from Poonhill(3,210m) over the snowcapped Peaks of Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Annapurna Ranges, Nilgiri, Gangapurna, and numerous snow-capped mountains.
- Experience the amazing flora and fauna in Annapurna Conservation Area.
- Ethnic Villages of Gurung and Magar community.
- The walk between Machhapuchhare Base Camp (3,700m) and Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m).
- The view of the south face and Glacier of Annapurna from Annapurna Base Camp.
- The trail passes through many incredible Villages, Waterfall, rainforests, and alpine ecosystems.
- Natural hot spring in Jino Danda.