Langtang Valley Trek is one of the short, moderately graded classical treks that offers a lot of natural beauties, a stunning mountain range, rich Tamang culture, magical landscape along warm hospitality nestled in the foothills of the Mt. Langtang Lirung. It was one of the most popular and widely visited short treks in Nepal before the earthquake of 2015. Now, people are still rebuilding houses, homestays, hotels, monuments, and other essential infrastructures. Trekking in the Langtang region will help people by providing much-needed income to rebuild the tourist infrastructure in a sustainable way.
The classical Langtang valley trek will start from a scenic drive from Kathmandu to the small town- Syabrubesi, Rasuwa. Furthermore, you will start your trek through the amazing forest to the high alpine meadows, pasturelands, and beautiful valleys on the side of the Langtang River. Afterward, you will reach the Lama Hotel and Langtang village inhabited by Tamang people. The hospitality of Tamang people in the Langtang region is memorable and the taste of the traditional foods will be delicious. The trail additionally offers you diverse terrain, heritage sites, and amazing valleys before reaching Kyanjin Gompa. The next day, you will hike to the Tserko Ri (5,000m), which offers stunning views of mountains like Langtang Lirung, Kimshung, Langshisha, and many more snowy peaks in your surroundings. You retrace your route back down to the valley until you reach Syabrubesi and drive back to Kathmandu.
Since the trail lies in the Langtang National Park, you might see some of the exotic wildlife like Red Panda, Himalayan Monal, Snow-Leopard, Black Bear, Himalayan Tahr, and Musk Deer. The Tamang ethnic people of this region will surely melt your heart with the warm hospitality and delicious food. Embark on the classical Langtang valley trek to experience the typical Nepalese mountain lifestyle, gorgeous snow-capped mountains, numerous glaciers, valleys, and exotic wildlife in a short period of time.
Highlights of Langtang Valley Trek
- Scenic and adventure drive to Syabrubesi, Rasuwa.
- Trekking in the Langtang valley means trekking in the valley of glaciers.
- Experience the local Tamang & Sherpa people their culture, practices, and traditions.
- Amazing views of valleys, alpine forests, glaciers, and rivers.
- Home of many rare animals like the Red Panda, Snow Leopard, Himalayan Monal, and Black bears.
- Explore the ancient Kyanjin Gompa village, monasteries, stupas, and correspondence of Buddhism.
- Panoramic views of mountains, valleys, and glaciers from the popular viewpoint Tserko Ri.
- Langtang valley trek is one of the short and moderately graded classical treks in the foothills of the Langtang Lirung.
Langtang Region is the least known trekking trail and not a popular trek of Everest Region and Annapurna Region. But, it’s the best trekking trail for the authentic adventure seeker who loves to explore nature and mountains in a peaceful and silent way. Footprint Adventure also offers the Langtang Heli Tour and Langtang Gosaikunda Trek. Contact us for the other optional routes of Langtang Valley Trek.