Everest Chola Pass and Kalapattar Trek, the name itself is explicit enough what length this trekking embraces, starting right from the remote and low altitude areas, the trail takes you to Gokyo valley, challenging you to cross high mountain passes namely Gokyo Ri (5,357m), Cho La Pass (5,420m) and Kala Pattar (5,545 m), the journey finally takes you to the base of the world’s highest mountain Everest and offering you the utmost opportunity to exploring a range of mountain vistas in the Everest region.
Thus, it is a combined trekking trip to offer an immense experience of crossing high mountain passes, exploring the mountain valley, and reaching the lap of the world’s highest mountains Everest. This is therefore why this particular trekking has been one of the frequently organized and one of the demanded trekking trips in recent days at least among the Footprint Adventure.
Everest Chola Kalapattar Trekking crossing high mountain passes like Chola and Kalapathar including Gokyo Ri is not technically difficult as it passes through the well-developed trekking trails but all these trails climb up above 5,000 meters, alongside glaciated lakes, glaciers, rocky and sloppy hills and boulders filled with snow, and therefore acclimatization is essential and also the trail goes through the remote villages and passes through high rocky and sloppy hills filled with snow and quite often the emergency facilities are not available making your trip a challenging this is therefore why adequate acclimatization is the most in order to prevent the possible suffering from high altitude sickness.
During the trip, you will not merely cross the high mountain passes but also go through the charming settlement of legendary Sherpa, explore their distinct rituals, lifestyles, enjoy local dishes and delicacies, also explore around Buddhist monasteries, diverse flora, and fauna. If you are lucky enough, you will also spot wild animals, endangered birds, offering you an amazing opportunity for taking photographs, these features are explicit enough therefore why Everest Chola Kalapattar trekking is a rewarding and lifetime experience.
Prior to trekking, you will have a short sightseeing tour in and around Kathmandu valley, and then have a short flight from Kathmandu to Lukla from where you will continue trekking to Namche Bazaar, Phorste, Macherma, and then enter into Gokyo valley, and then climb up to Gokyo Ri and sneak around the majestic Himalayas. From Gokyo, you will continue trekking to Tangna, Lobuche, and crossing Cho-La pass you continue to Gorakshep and finally reach Everest Base Camp and exploring all around you will retrace down to Gorakshep, crossing Kalapathar, you will get down to Namche Bazaar via Pheriche and finally, get down to Luka and fly back to Kathmandu.
Highlights of Gokyo & Everest Base Camp Trek
- UNESCO World Heritage Site excursion in Kathmandu valley.
- Scenic and dramatic flight to the world's most dangerous airport - Lukla Airport.
- Trekking through the alpine forest, Sherpa settlements, and majestic valleys in Sagarmatha National Park.
- Enjoying the coffee and french bakeries in the renowned sherpa town - Namche Bazaar.
- Exploring the Tibetian Buddhism and its correspondence while trekking from Lukla to base camp.
- Experience Sherpa culture, tradition, and practices from your own eyes.
- Get a chance to encounter the exotic flora and fauna in Sagarmatha National Park.
- Panoramic views of mountains, glaciers, and valleys from the Kalapatthar viewpoint.
- Experience the view of the base of the world's highest mountain and its surroundings.