No more mandatory Quarantine,
Visa on Arrival !!
Good news from the country of Himalayas, as the cabinet meeting held on 23rd of Sept 2021, including the Ministry of Culture, Tourism, and Civil Aviation in the presence of the Nepal Tourism Board (NTB), Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN), and all the tourism-related umbrella organizations have agreed to change the new travel guideline of entering tourists inside Nepal. The cabinet meeting ended with a new travel advisory for travelers and trekking enthusiasts who are eagerly waiting to explore Nepal for the last two years. Nepal is finally open for all the tourists around the globe for travel, trekking, and adventure activities.
The entire world has been hit by the long-running COVID19 pandemic. Especially in Nepal, we've faced the first, the second, and almost third phases of the COVID19 epidemic. In between, the economy of the country was badly hit by the pandemic, and the tourism sector almost slept for the last two years. Since the time of this pandemic, the world has gotten some relief. The government’s decision to open on-arrival visas and remove the quarantine system is a truly remarkable and big relief for the entire tourism industry. The government of Nepal has issued the following order to manage the movement of Nepali and foreigners coming to Nepal from different parts of the globe without adversely affecting the prevention, control, diagnosis, and treatment of covid infection.
This decision from the cabinet has made traveling to Nepal convenient for tourists all around the globe. If you are fully vaccinated against the COVID19 and if you have a negative PCR test then you don’t have to stay in seven days of mandatory quarantine and you will get a visa on arrival in Nepal. So, anyone who has already taken two doses of the COVID19 vaccine can directly come to Nepal for any kind of travel and trekking in Nepal. They can directly resume their travel activity after arriving in Nepal.
New travel guideline for Nepal 2021 for vaccinated tourists:
- Evidence of completion of 14 days vaccination against COVID19.
- Negative PCR Test of COVID19 test issued within 72 hours from the swab collection time.
- Copy of permission for mountaineering and trekking other related activities.
- Proof of the hotel booking in Nepal for your entire stay.
- Get the CCMC online filled form/barcode (international traveler online arrival form).
New Travel Regulations for the foreign travelers who wants to enter inside Nepal without the completion of all the necessary dose of vaccination:
- In case of testing positive for antigen at the immigration entry point of Nepal, foreign nationals must stay in hotel quarantine for days at their own expense. Only after testing the COVID negative can resume their travel-related activities.
- While testing COVID19 or living in isolation and other expenses including insurance shall be borne by the foreign nationals themselves.
- All the foreign nationals visiting Nepal should be tested for COVID19 immediately if they showed any symptoms and must stay in isolation if the report comes positive.
We hope with this new protocol, most of the tourists would love to resume their Nepal visit plan and this would be good news for the one who is desperately seeking the new adventure and thrill in mountains. For more information and the latest updates regarding the Nepal travel and visa procedures and COVID19 status, feel free to contact us anytime. We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon.
For more details, please go through click here.